Divine Inspiration: A Legendary Retreat with Dana Skoglund & Laura Martini at Naya Ubud, BALI, Indonesia
October 25 - 31, 2017
Join yoga teachers Dana Skoglund and Laura Martini for an unforgettable immersion into the land of mythical deities. Escape to the otherworldly land of Bali and surround yourself with its natural beauty. Together we will delve deep into the colorful tales of the famous gods and goddesses and bring the stories to life in our yoga practice. Then we will explore Ubud and the surrounding areas together for a blissful getaway not to be missed.
7 DAYS AND 6 NIGHTS OF PURE BLISS IN THE SPIRITUAL OASIS THAT IS BALI...
Join Dana and Laura as they share the stories and teachings of the Hindu gods Ganesh, Hanuman, Saraswati, Kali and Krishna. Each day will be themed around a different god. They will guide you through a week of self-discovery and exploration. From twice daily juicy yoga practices and healing meditations, to nourishing meals and cultural sight-seeing, the Divine Inspiration retreat will leave you feeling tranquil, content, and AWAKENED to the innate bliss within you. We've included two massages, a sunrise tour of Kintamani Volcano, and a Agnihotra ceremony experience. We're rockstar tour guides (we've each been to Bali many times) and we promise we've done everything in our power to facilitate your ability to be PRESENT. Let us share with you the magic of The Island Of The Gods.
This is a unique opportunity to escape the daily grind and connect with yourself, with nature and with other like-minded individuals. We all need time away from our everyday lives to recharge, rejuvenate and reconnect with our deepest desires and highest intentions. When we do, we come away inspired to re-align our lives with what matters most. If you need a reset or simply a getaway filled with delicious yoga, mindfulness and the sacred stories of yoga, this retreat is for you. Stepping outside our familiar environment and away from our regular lives can be a great catalyst for radical change.
Through strategically curated activities, guided conversations, story-telling, meditative experiences, and cultural excursions, we'll help you develop healthy habits (like a consistent morning yoga practice), cleanse your body (coconut water every day), open your mind (cultural immersion), and transform your yoga practice (3 hours of asana and pranayama daily).
Included in your retreat:
- 6 nights' boutique villa accommodation
- Daily vibrant breakfast
- Daily organic lunch and dinner (on the final evening we'll go into town for dinner)
- Two 60 min Balinese massages
- 3 hours of daily yoga instruction
- Agnihotra ceremony
- A sunrise tour of Kintamani Volcano
- Transportation to and from the Bali Denpasar airport
Optional add-ons include additional on-site spa treatments local village ceremonial dance performance,and a day-trip to the secret black sand beach.
Please note that airfare, lunches, and gratuities are not included.
Sample of a retreat day:
- 7:30-9 am Flow Yoga
- 9-10 am Breakfast and coconut poolside in the Joglo
- 10-11 am Balinese Massage
- 11-12 pm Rice field walking meditation
- 12-1 pm Lunch at a local warung in the village of Ubud
- 1-4 pm Shopping and tour of the Monkey Forest in Ubud
- 4:30-6 pm Easy Yoga and Pranayama practice
- 6-8 pm Dinner and guided conversation on meditation
Food: Included in your retreat is a breakfast every day, as well as 24 hour coffee and tea service, filtered fresh water, fresh fruit, and healthy sit-down dinners. An a la carte menu is available until 9 pm. Naya Kafe's in-house chef, Wayan, together with Naya's kitchen staff, pride themselves on sourcing garden-fresh local organic produce daily to create meals that will support our needs:) The meals include a wonderful array of healthy Balinese, Japanese, international, raw, vegan, vegetarian and non-vegetarian cuisine. We'll give the kitchen a break on our final evening together and go into town for our dinner- please note that this last dinner is not included in the retreat package price.
Accommodation: Naya Ubud is a boutique style retreat centre surrounded by lush gardens and tropical rice fields. Each peaceful room offers jungle views and simple but luxurious furnishings. The grounds are only a 7 minutes drive from the renowned cultural town of Ubud whilst being far enough from the crowds and traffic to enjoy the magic and essence of rural Bali. The exquisitely designed buildings feature Indonesian architecture, modern amenities and luxurious comfort.
There are two tiers of accommodation to choose from:
- The main building at Naya consists of 3 luxurious bedrooms (Shanti, Prem, and Amrita) each with air conditioning & fans, mosquito nets, mineral water, balcony, rainfall shower, and in-room safe. Each room is integrated with the beautiful landscape, embracing guests with a welcoming, therapeutic and peaceful energy.
- Nestled within a sea of rice paddies just a 2 minute walk from Naya, are Naya's Rainbow Villas. These are 7 villas with a total of 10 Chakra inspired bedrooms, each with its own porch and private garden. Most bedrooms have the option for single or double occupancy. Each room comes with ensuite or shared bathrooms (first come, first served with ensuites!), fans, mosquito nets, portable air conditioning, in-room safe, mineral water, rice paddy and sunset views, and access to Naya's luxurious amenities.
RETREAT PACKAGE INCLUDES USE OF AN OZONE POOL AND LOUNGE CHAIRS, AN OPEN AIR YOGA SHALA WITH STUNNING VIEWS OF THE RIVER AND PAPAYA TREES, FREE WIFI, AN A LA CARTE CAFE, AND OPTIONAL IN-HOUSE GARDEN SPA TREATMENTS.
THERE IS ALSO ACCESS TO A DRIVER UPON REQUEST AND THERE IS A SHUTTLE TO UBUD.
Yoga: Each day Dana and Laura will each lead an all levels yoga classes. The morning class will be more powerful in nature and will likely be a vinyasa flow style class. The evening classes will be more gentle and restorative. We will also tell the sacred stories of the Hindu gods and lead conversations on yogic philosophy, history, and ethics throughout the retreat. We are able to accommodate everyone, including those with severe injuries and/or no yoga practice whatsoever. Classes will on average be 1.5 hours in length.
AFTER YOUR YOGA PRACTICE, ENJOY A REFRESHING DIP IN THE SWIMMING POOL AND PICK FRESH FRUIT FROM AN ABUNDANCE OF MANGO, JACKFRUIT, BANANA, MANGOSTEEN, RAMBUTAN, PAPAYA AND COCONUT TREES.
Use this retreat opportunity to reset, recharge and refresh your perspective, and return home feeling genuinely inspired! Get to know yourself a little better, meet other like-minded adventurers, and collect moments, not things. The jungle is calling...
Investment per person:
- $2095 USD incl. taxes for triple occupancy in the Rainbow Villas
- $2305 USD incl. taxes for double occupancy in the Rainbow Villas
- $2485 USD incl. taxes for single occupancy in the Rainbow Villas
- $2425-$2605 USD incl. taxes for double occupancy in a Naya Luxury Room
- $2665-$3265 USD incl. taxes for single occupancy in a Naya Luxury Room
This can be paid via cash or cheque to either Laura Martini or Dana Skoglund (address available upon request), email transfer to email@example.com or via Paypal. PLEASE NOTE THAT THERE IS A 5% FEE FOR USING PAYPAL. The closest airport is Denpasar (about 2 hours away) and once we receive all of your flight itineraries we will organize the shuttles from the airport.
Retreat Package: Retreat includes 6 nights' accommodation, 2 meals a day (except for our last evening), 3 hours of yoga instruction a day with Laura Martini, two 60 min Balinese massages, and shuttle transportation to and from the Denpasar airport on the day the retreat begins and ends. Space is limited and rooms are first come, first served.