Conscious Christmas: Handmade Gift Part 2 - Easy Homemade Buckwheat Bag
Thank you Rhonda Winterbach for contributing this blog post! This quick and easy homemade heating bag is filled with buckwheat. Heat in the microwave for a minute or two and you have an instant heating pad for relaxing after a hard day, aching muscles, neck pain and cramps. Or place it in the freezer for an instant cold pack! Here is a basic tutorial of these nifty little therapy bags. Enjoy!
- Sewing Machine
- Fabric of choice (preferably an organic cotton)
- Sewing thread
- 6-8 cups of Buckwheat
- Fold a 20 by 14 inch piece of fabric in half lengthwise, right sides facing.
- Iron fabric to create a defined crease.
- Sew long side and one short side leaving approximately ¼ inch edge
- Fold the open end about ½ inch and iron down
- Turn bag right side out and push out corners with a pointy hand tool
- Fill bag with desired amount of buckwheat (approximately 6-8 cups)
- Sew the opening with a top stitch